Saturday, March 31, 2012

More Hidden Eggs and Classroom Decor!

Wow, this week totally got away from me! I feel like yesterday was Monday! It probably doesn't hurt that I had two presentations in grad school this week so i was SUPER busy! Anyway, I finally have my pictures of my classroom and some more hidden egg pictures! These were SUCH a big hit! I loved that they not only had to find the eggs, but had to answer an academic question inside :)

This one was hidden inside our Lego table. This one took them awhile to find because it is hidden down below the table.

This one was inside our Tattle Monster. The kids were like "He is going to eat my hand if I take it out!!"  They make me laugh :)


This one was in our sticker bucket in the back of the room, an easy find.


This one was found surprisingly pretty fast. I thought this one would take them forever! 

Now for pictures of my classroom... I took these pictures at the end of the day, when my room looks like I had a tornado go through it, and I had grad school at night so I tried to do a quick clean up. It's still a little messy, but much better than it was!


This table is in the back of the room and is where I pull out for small groups. We also use this table for centers and it is always where we do our big activities like making soup on the day we learn about "S". There obviously aren't enough chairs for everyone so they all stand around it.

This is a big view of the room. Our Smartboard up front (it is very old but as long as it works, I am ok with it). Their little tables and the carpets up at the front. Their snack cubbies are off to the side, and the classroom library and bigger carpet are off to the other side. 

This is our behavior management plan. Each boy or girl has a number and a frog with their number on it. They start in the middle lily pad, and if they make a good choice, they move to the left and if they get to purple, they get a sticker on their sticker chart. If they make a wrong choice, they go to orange and yellow and they get a note home on yellow.

There is a lot more to my classroom but like I said, it was kind of a mess. I only took pictures of the parts that are cleaned up :) Maybe next week if I get in the "Spring Cleaning" mood I can take a few more.

Have a good week!




2 comments:

  1. Hi I love your blog. I am your newest follower and I am awarding you the Versitle Blogger Award. Go to my site to pick up your award. Homemade First Grade http://homemadefirstgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the froggy pad behavior chart, what a cute idea!! You have just inspired me to create a cute behavior chart!! Mahalo for linking up:)

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete