Sunday, February 17, 2013

Love is patient, love is kind, happy feast of St. Valentine!

Oh my gosh last week was hands down the most exhausting week EVER! Let me give you a quick run down of what last week at our school looked like:

Monday- 100th Day
Tuesday- Mardi Gras
Wednesday- Ash Wednesday
Thursday- Valentine's Day
Friday- Collapse with exhaustion :) 

Did anyone else have everything happen all at once for them this week?? I am soo happy about our 3 day weekend to recover! Especially since we got a little snow!

 My little one got his first day EVER in the snow :) He LOVED it!
 
So this Monday was the most favorite of all school days... the 100th day!! I do not remember the 100th day being such a big deal when I was in kindergarten but boy oh boy is it a big deal now! We started with our 100th day crowns from Julie Lee's website (who was one of my first blog loves by the way, she is a genius!).

 
After making our adorable crowns, we began on our 100 compliments poster in the hall. The students had to write 100 compliments for their friends and teachers and stick them up in the hallway for all to see! This was a really fun lesson because it was a confidence booster for all my little ones when their friends wrote a compliment to them! 

After the 100th day came another one of my favorite days of the school year... Mardi Gras! At our school we love celebrating this day before lent with silliness and snacks and a big parade at the end of the day. 

I am so mad at myself that I didn't take more pictures on this day. We started with our Mardi Gras masks and discussed the three colors of Mardi Gras (purple, gold, and green) and what those colors stand for (faith, power, and justice). I found this free mask for them to color on Pinterest:

Rather than use string to make it stay on, we glued it to a Popsicle stick so they could hold it. We also put a feather on them for a little decorative flair :)


We played so many games and got to eat our yummy king cake on this day but I was too busy to take pictures :( Next year!!

Wednesday was Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. Throughout Lent we are using these "Lenten Path" handouts from Catholic Icing (another one of my favorite blogs).

 
This one is colored already for Wednesday and Thursday but you color it all the way through to Easter every day that you successfully give up your item you've given up for Lent.

Finally on Friday, we celebrated Valentine's Day! These are the glyphs we created:


 
These glyphs are from my Full Year of Glyphs unit on TPT.

Have a great Sunday!! I hope you all do something exciting on your day off for President's Day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment